Dirty Politics

(Sunday, February 24, 2008)

Blog: The Conservative Post
Author: Scott Miller (Website owned by Miller Partners LLC)
Link: http://www.theconservativepost.com

This is obviously a conservative left winged blog made for other conservatives to read. The author, Scott Miller, has written many posts against democrats (no surprise there), but he particularly seems to enjoy picking on Senator Obama. This could possibly be because Obama is the national front-runner in the caucuses and primaries. The author talks in a conversational tone and uses a lot of sarcasm when he speaks. The blog almost seems too conversational to sound professional or serious. In one of his more recent posts, Miller mimics Obama's personality and imitates him in a rude, offensive manner. He uses facts and statistics to justify why the Democrats cannot accomplish what they promise. His argument is solely based on the cost of Obama's plan and does not take any other factors into account. His argument is flawed and is not backed up well. The facts are irrelevant and do not help make his argument more convincing. Some of the post titles seem inappropriate and unprofessional.
Examples include:

  • "You Can't Make This Up... Senator CRAPO Defends the CRAPPER Perv"
  • "Our Military Kicks Ass!"
  • Hillary Clinton KFC Special

I would not believe everything I read on this blog, and the fact that it is the "Conservative Post" makes it even harder to take into consideration any of the ideas the authors have offer, because the title of the website says it all. They are blatantly biased. If I were to comment on this blog, I would comment on the post about Americans unable to afford Obama's policy, and tell him that without implementing change, it would cost more to repair the damages to our nation than it would to implement Obama's policy. After all, Miller is using figures like "3 trillion dollars" instead of dividing the amount among all the taxpayers and the number of years it would take to raise that kind of money. It isn't really as much money as he makes it sound like.


Blog: PurpleMinded - A Political Blog
Author: Brad Bright
Website: http://www.purpleminded.com

The title itself cast a completely different aura on me than the previous blog I read through. I am amazed by the creativity of the author of this blog. The idea of creating purple politics is genius. I need to hire him to help me come up with a website name, because everything I think of has been taken. Anyway, this website claims to be neutral, bringing the red conservatives and blue liberals together into his one purple mind. Many of his recent posts are about the Democratic Party, but that may be because the front-runner of the Republican nomination for presidency has been determined while Hillary and Obama continue to battle it out. The author does a good job showing his reasoning and predicting how the political candidates will act in the future. I find this blog interesting and informative since it helps me better understand the rationale for the candidates' actions. Bright writes in a conversational tone and adds his personal opinion to his posts, yet he maintains professionalism. The content of his posts are clean and clear, and he has effectively presented his ideas in a way that makes sense to me. I would leave a comment to him stating that I agree with his reasoning about why Hillary would attack Obama with negative comments after the debates but just before the Ohio primaries. This would be smart because Obama would not be able to refute Hillary's claims until after the primaries, which may be too late.

Posted in Posted by Umang Patel at 4:55 PM  

1 comments:

  1. jbootes Says:

    yeah because for a women to be worth anything she has to live up to yr physical ideals(and even then shes just a sex object)...not yu know be accomplished or smart or anything...yeah real smart debate right there makes me wanna vote republican!*VOMIT*

    ehhh it amazes me what passes for political discourse in this nation srsly.

 
Copyright 2005-2007. Hello Wiki designed by Fen, Blogger Templates by Blog Tutorial.