I'm not sure how this post is supposed to be done as an assignment, so I have just pasted my comments I have made to other blogs so it's easy for Jen to grade them. I really prefer commenting directly on the other people's blogs because then the author gets the little notification on their account that tells them that what they write has relevance to other people.
Also they don't have to browse my blog just to know what I think of what they think.

Person: Zach
Post:
"[ the oc part i ]"
Comment: You know what really troubles me? As an Indian, my family is really frugal. We buy things in bulk when they are cheap. Unfortunately, since so many teens are irresponsible, we are no longer able to buy over the counter medication in bulk when it goes on sale. I can only buy two bottles of Nyquil at once, how sad is that? And I'm not even planning on abusing it, just trying to save some money. Man, what is this world coming to?

Person: Melissa
Post:
Consumerism and qips about quantum computers
Comment: I love how the U.S. economy works. You're right, we are pack rats, but we seems to be fueling our economy by our own stupidity. Take fast food for example: People buy it because it's cheap, convenient and seems to taste good. They waste their money on eating out too much, then get fat and spend their money on diets. The diet companies spend money on marketing and provide jobs for researchers and people to take care of operations. When diets fail, the doctors and hospitals get business, which in turn fuel the health care sector of our economy. It even gets us to build more schools and support education. The chain goes on and on, but my point is all this can happen just because of the typical American's obsession with "stuff."

Person: Melissa
Post:
So I guess I am warming up to Malcolm...
Comment: I guess Gladwell is finally writing about stuff we can relate to right? I mean it's nice to know that erasing graffiti can stop crime, or that things need to be "sticky" in order to stick (duh?), but this chapter finally seems to explain why things work the way they do and what relevance these ideas have to our own lives.

Person: Laura
Post:
OC #1 for this week
Comment: Yikes, I feel sorry for that kid that went to Larry at this point in time. Wayne seems a little worried about interim as people have yet to decide what they want to do, and when I spoke to Josh he seemed to be having a fit over it as well. I don't blame them. Laura I think the video documentary is a great idea. What kind of programs are you looking at using? From what I've heard the complicated programs like Adobe Premiere or Final Cut Pro take quite some time to learn, but I know several people that make real professional looking movies through programs like Windows Movie Maker and Apple iMovie. If your goal is to create a documentary, it may be more efficient to use a user friendly program, while if your goal is to learn how to professionally edit videos then it would be beneficial to learn how to use the industry standard programs. I'll keep my eyes open for people that know video editing real well.

Person: Kyle
Post:
"OC#1: Reservation Road, the movie"
Comment: Wow man, I had no idea you were in a movie. You must be really well connected to get into a movie like that, and getting to meet and work with such high profile people. This sounds like an amazing experience. I checked out the trailer and the movie looks pretty interesting, I'll be sure to watch it.

Person: Katie
Post:
The Rule of 150
Comment:
I really like this idea of yours of the social networks. It's a great way to look at how we are all connected. I was looking at Linworth as one of these networks that work effectively because we have about 150 people (which follows the rule of 150), but I never looked at it as small groups of people that know each other well, bridged by connectors who open us to hundreds and hundreds of acquaintances with whom we can carry "loose-ties." Ok Ok, my point is I like the way you think.

Person: Michelle
Post:
"O+C:Materislism"
Comment: Non-possessiveness is a religion to me. Literally. My religion is based on three fundamental principles: non-violence, non-possessiveness and non-absolutism. My goal is to practice these principles in my own life. This may seem strange coming from me considering I can't imagine living a day without my Macbook Pro and that I become extremely agitated when I run out of hair gel. I have a long way to go, because clearly I haven't discovered what life is really about. We come into this world with nothing and we leave this world with nothing. There's no use hoarding materialistic junk with us because nobody can take that stuff with them once they die. I think your idea is one that everyone should incorporate into their lives, because by transcending the materialistic things in life, people can experience the true value of life.

Person: Dylan
Post:
"Book vs. Movie"
Comment:
Agreed. The book is better than the movie because the beauty of reading books is having the ability to create your own mental image of the story. It's like having a guided dream, where you illustrate the scene with your own interpretation of what the book is like, yet the everyone follows the same storyline as you. Movies hinder people's creativity because they are fed what to think and see.

Posted in Posted by Umang Patel at 10:48 PM  

1 comments:

  1. Michelle Says:

    thanks for the comment.
    yeah. i really respect anyone who can relate to my thoughts on that especially.

    plus I already respected you for the vegetarian thing=P

 
Copyright 2005-2007. Hello Wiki designed by Fen, Blogger Templates by Blog Tutorial.